ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 357




                                               

Maskell, Nebraska

Maskell is a village in Dixon County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Sioux City, IA–NE–SD Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 76 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Mason City, Nebraska

Mason City is located at 41°13′21″N 99°17′54″W 41.222485, -99.298352. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.47 square miles 1.22 km2, all of it land.

                                               

Maywood, Nebraska

Maywood is located at 40°39′29″N 100°37′22″W 40.658065, -100.622746. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.63 sq. km 1.63 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

McCool Junction, Nebraska

McCool Junction, originally known as McCool, was platted in 1886 when the railroad was extended to that point. The city was named for Daniel McCool, a railroad official. By 1888 the town was at the junction of two railroads.

                                               

McGrew, Nebraska

McGrew is a village in Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Scottsbluff, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 105 at the 2010 census.

                                               

McLean, Nebraska

McLean is a village in Pierce County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Norfolk, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 36 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Mead, Nebraska

Mead was first called Saunders, and under the latter name was platted in 1877 when the railroad was extended to that point. It was renamed in 1880, likely for a Union Pacific railroad official. Mead was originally built mostly by the Swedes.

                                               

Meadow Grove, Nebraska

Meadow Grove is a village in Madison County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Norfolk, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 301 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Melbeta, Nebraska

Melbeta is a village in Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Scottsbluff, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 112 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Memphis, Nebraska

Memphis was established in the 1880s when the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad was extended to that point. A large share of the early settlers being natives of Memphis, Tennessee caused the name to be selected.

                                               

Merna, Nebraska

Merna was founded in the 1880s about the time the railroad was extended to that point. It was named Merna in honor of the young daughter of the first postmaster.

                                               

Miller, Nebraska

Miller is a village in Buffalo County, Nebraska, in the United States. It is part of the Kearney, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census, the village population was 136.

                                               

Milligan, Nebraska

Milligan is located at 40°29′56″N 97°23′18″W 40.498949, -97.388390. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.24 square miles 0.62 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Monroe, Nebraska

The first settlement at Monroe was made in the 1850s. Monroe was not platted until 1889 when the railroad was extended a siding to that point. It was named for President James Monroe. The collegiate Church of Monroe and the new hope cemetery loca ...

                                               

Moorefield, Nebraska

First settled in the 1870s, Moorefield became a railroad town in 1886 when the Burlington & Missouri River Railroad extended a line to it. Moorefield was named for the original owner of the town site.

                                               

Morrill, Nebraska

Morrill is a village located in Scotts Bluff County, in the western Panhandle, in the northwestern portion of the United States state of Nebraska. Morrill is part of the Scottsbluff, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 921 ...

                                               

Morse Bluff, Nebraska

Morse Bluff was platted in 1887 when the Chicago & North Western Railroad was extended to that point. It was named for Chester Morse, the original owner of the town site.

                                               

Murdock, Nebraska

Murdock was established in about 1890 when the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad was extended to that point. Murdock was named after a Rock Island Railroad official.

                                               

Murray, Nebraska

An early variant name was "Fairview". Murray was platted in 1891 when the Missouri Pacific Railroad was extended to that point. The present name is after Rev. George Murray, a pioneer settler.

                                               

Naper, Nebraska

Naper is located at 42°57′51″N 99°05′46″W 42.964148, -99.095994. According to the Bureau of US census, the village has a total area of 0.14 square miles 0.36 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Naponee, Nebraska

Naponee is located at 40°4′34″N 99°8′21″W 40.076010, -99.139150. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.23 square miles 0.60 km 2, all of it land. Naponee is near the Republican river, about 3 miles 4.8 km down ...

                                               

Nemaha, Nebraska

Nemaha is located at 40°20′20″N 95°40′31″W 40.338806, -95.675274. According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.30 square miles 0.78 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Nenzel, Nebraska

Nenzel is located at 42°55′37″N 101°6′6″W 42.926906, -101.101766. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.31 square km, 0.80 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Newcastle, Nebraska

Newcastle is a village in Dixon County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Sioux City, IA–NE–SD Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 325 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Newport, Nebraska

Newport is located at 42°36′3″N 99°19′41″W 42.600774, -99.327997. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.32 square miles 0.83 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Nickerson, Nebraska

Nickerson was platted in 1871 when the Fremont, Elkhorn & Missouri Valley Railroad was extended to that point. It was named for its founder, Reynolds K. Nickerson. Nickerson was incorporated as a village in 1910.

                                               

Nora, Nebraska

Nora was laid out in 1887 when the railroad was extended to that point. After browsing a postal directory, the towns founder selected the name Nora, after Nora, Illinois.

                                               

Norman, Nebraska

Norman is a village in Kearney County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Kearney, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 43 at the 2010 census.

                                               

North Loup, Nebraska

In 1871, a party of Seventh Day Baptists from Wisconsin explored Valley County for settlement sites. In May 1872, they established a community near what is now North Loup. A post office and general store were established in 1873. In 1877, the tow ...

                                               

Oak, Nebraska

The first settlement was made in the Oak area in the 1860s. Oak was platted on its current site in 1888 when the Fremont, Elkhorn & Missouri Valley Railroad was extended to that point. It was named from nearby Oak Creek.

                                               

Oakdale, Nebraska

Oakdale is located at 42°4′12″N 97°58′4″W 42.069966, -97.967681. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.52 square miles of 1.35 km2, all of it land.

                                               

Obert, Nebraska

Obert was established in 1907 when the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis and Omaha Railway was extended to that point. It was named for a railroad official.

                                               

Oconto, Nebraska

The community was founded in 1887 as Olax, but the original name conflicted with another Nebraska location, so it was renamed to Oconto. The exact source of the name has been debated, some hold Oconto was the name of a pioneer settler, while othe ...

                                               

Octavia, Nebraska

Octavia was established in 1887 when the Fremont, Elkhorn and Missouri Valley Railroad was extended to that point. It was named for Octavia Speltz, a pioneer settler. A post office was established in Octavia in 1888 and remained in operation unti ...

                                               

Odell, Nebraska

Odell is located at 40°3′1″N 96°48′3″W 40.050325, -96.800972. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.26 square miles of 0.67 km2, all land.

                                               

Ohiowa, Nebraska

Ohiowa was platted in 1886 when the railroad was extended to that point. A majority of the early settlers being natives of the states of Ohio and Iowa caused the name to be selected. The name of the village is unusual in that it contains the comp ...

                                               

Ong, Nebraska

Ong is a village in Clay County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 63 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Hastings, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Orleans, Nebraska

As of the census of 2010, there were 386 people, 190 households, and 108 families living in the village. The population density was 643.3 inhabitants per square mile 248.4/km 2. There were 258 housing units at an average density of 430.0 per squa ...

                                               

Otoe, Nebraska

The village was established in 1880 on the proposed line of the Missouri Pacific Railroad from Kansas City to Omaha. The town was originally named Berlin, many of the early inhabitants were German Lutherans. In 1896, when the population reached 2 ...

                                               

Overton, Nebraska

Overton is a village in Dawson County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Lexington, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 594 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Oxford, Nebraska

Oxford is located at 40°15′8″N 99°37′58″W 40.252091, -99.632913. Most of Oxford is in Furnas County, only a small portion lies in Harlan County. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.95 square miles 2.46 km 2, ...

                                               

Page, Nebraska

Page is located at 42°24′1″N 98°25′7″W 42.400412, -98.418682. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.24 square miles 0.62 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Palisade, Nebraska

Palisade was established at its current site in 1882, when the railroad was extended to that point. It was named from the terrain around the town, which was though to resemble a palisade.

                                               

Palmer, Nebraska

Palmer is a village in Merrick County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 472 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Grand Island, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Palmyra, Nebraska

Palmyra is located at 40°42′17″N 96°23′29″W 40.704826, -96.391367. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.34 square miles 0.88 km2, all of it land.

                                               

Panama, Nebraska

Panama is a village in Lancaster County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Lincoln, Nebraska Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 256 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Paxton, Nebraska

As of the census of 2010, there were 523 people, 226 households, and 146 families living in the village. The population density was 507.8 inhabitants per square mile 196.1/km 2. There were 248 housing units at an average density of 240.8 per squa ...

                                               

Petersburg, Nebraska

Petersburg is a village in Boone County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 333 at the 2010 census. Petersburg is the site of a memorial to Logan Fontenelle, an Omaha chief who was killed nearby, in a skirmish with Brule and Arapaho in 1 ...

                                               

Phillips, Nebraska

Phillips was platted in 1884 when the Burlington and Missouri River Railroad was extended to that point. It was named for Captain R. O. Phillips, member of the town company.

                                               

Pickrell, Nebraska

Pickrell was laid out in 1884 when the railroad was extended to that point. It was named for William Pickrell, one of the original owners of the town site. Pickrell was incorporated as a village in 1913.