ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 347




                                               

Silver Creek, Mississippi

Silver Creek is a town in Lawrence County, Mississippi. The population was 209 at the 2000 census. Silver Creek is accessed from U.S. Route 84 and Mississippi Highway 43. The film Jesse James Women was filmed in Silver Creek.

                                               

Sledge, Mississippi

As of the census of 2000, there were 529 people, 170 households, and 133 families residing in the town. The population density was 1.011.3 people per square mile 392.8/km². There were 185 housing units at an average density of 353.7 per square mi ...

                                               

Smithville, Mississippi

Smithville is a town in Monroe County, Mississippi. The population was 942 at the 2010 census. Smithville is the birthplace of Rod Brasfield, a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame.

                                               

Snow Lake Shores, Mississippi

Snow Lake Shores is located at 34°49′26″N 89°14′30″W 34.823963, -89.241555 along Mississippi Highway 4 in west-central Benton County, approximately 4 miles 6 km west of Ashland and 14 miles 23 km northeast of Holly Springs. According to the Burea ...

                                               

Sturgis, Mississippi

Sturgis is a town in Oktibbeha County, Mississippi. The population was 206 at the 2000 census. Held annually Sturgis "rally", all-bike motorcycle rally. According to Scott Smith, former mayor of Sturgis, in 2005 around 20.000 visitors attended th ...

                                               

Summit, Mississippi

Summit is a town in Pike County, Mississippi, United States. The population was 1.705 at the 2010 census. It is part of the McComb, Mississippi Micropolitan Statistical Area. The town originated as a railroad town and was named Summit because it ...

                                               

Sumrall, Mississippi

Sumrall is a town in Lamar County, Mississippi. It is part of the Hattiesburg, Mississippi Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 1.421 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Sunflower, Mississippi

As of the census of 2000, there were 696 people, 229 households, and 166 families residing in the town. The population density was 1.719.3 people per square mile 671.8/km². There were 242 housing units at an average density of 597.8 per square mi ...

                                               

Taylor, Mississippi

According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 4.1 square miles 11 km 2, of which 4.1 square miles 11 km 2 is land and 0.24% is water.

                                               

Taylorsville, Mississippi

Taylorsville is a town located in southeastern Smith County, Mississippi. With a population of 1.353 in the 2010 census, the town is the second most populous city in Smith County, behind the county seat of Raleigh to the north. Professional athle ...

                                               

Tchula, Mississippi

Tchula is a town in Holmes County, Mississippi, United States. The population was 2.096 at the 2010 census, down from 2.332 in 2000. In 2015 article in the Guardian described it as the poorest community in the United States.

                                               

Tillatoba, Mississippi

Tillatoba is a town in Yalobusha County, Mississippi, United States. The population was 91 at the 2010 census. Agricultural products produced in the city include cotton, corn, poultry, cattle and timber. Holly springs national forest to the East.

                                               

Tishomingo, Mississippi

Tishomingo is a town in Tishomingo County, Mississippi, United States. The population of the city of Tishomingo was 339 at the 2010 census. Its ZIP code is 38873.

                                               

Tremont, Mississippi

Tremont is a town in Itawamba County, Mississippi, United States. It was founded in 1852. The population was 465 at the 2010 census, up from 390 at the 2000 census. Tremont was the birthplace of country music singer Tammy Wynette. State represent ...

                                               

Tutwiler, Mississippi

In 1899, Tom Tutwiler, a civil engineer for a local railroad, made his headquarters seven miles northwest of Sumner. The town of Tutwiler was founded and named for him. When the railroad was built, the first depot erected was a two-story building ...

                                               

Union, Mississippi

Union is located at 32°34′17″N 89°7′5″W 32.571320, -89.118118. Most of the town is in Newton County with a portion extending north into adjacent Neshoba County. In the 2000 census, 1.496 of the towns 2.021 residents 74.0% lived in Newton County a ...

                                               

Vardaman, Mississippi

The town is named after James Kimble Vardaman, Mississippi governor from 1904 to 1908. Vardaman was a Democrat who later became a member of the United States Senate. In the early days of the city, its post office was called the "Timberville" whil ...

                                               

Walls, Mississippi

Walls is a town located in northern DeSoto County, Mississippi, United States, near the Mississippi River, part of the larger region known as "The Delta", and known for its rich, dark soil. As it is in the upper northwest corner of Mississippi, i ...

                                               

Walnut Grove, Mississippi

Walnut Grove is a town in Leake County, Mississippi. The population was 1.911 at the 2010 census. Under the leadership of eight-term mayor, William Grady Smith, one of the longest-serving mayors in the state, the town in the early 2000s dramatica ...

                                               

Walnut, Mississippi

Walnut was established in 1872 on land belonging to Henry Hopkins, an early settler. The town was initially known as "Hopkins," but was changed to "Walnut" in 1876.

                                               

Webb, Mississippi

Webb was founded circa 1880. The first post office was founded in 1880 and named Hood for one of the earlier settlers. In 1882, Judge James L.A. Webb, a Confederate veteran and a University of North Carolina graduate, operated the only store ther ...

                                               

Weir, Mississippi

Weir is located in southwestern Choctaw County at 33°15′48″N 89°17′22″W 33.263423, -89.289439, bordered on the north by the Yockanookany River. Mississippi Highway 12 passes north of the town, leading northeast to Ackerman, the county seat, and s ...

                                               

Wesson, Mississippi

Wesson is a town in Copiah and Lincoln counties, Mississippi, United States. The population was 1.925 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Jackson Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

West, Mississippi

West is a town in northeastern Holmes County, Mississippi, United States. The population was 185 at the 2010 census, down from 220 at the 2000 census.

                                               

Beauregard, Mississippi

Beauregard is a village in Copiah County, Mississippi, United States. The population was 326 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Jackson Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Big Creek, Mississippi

Big Creek is located in southwestern Calhoun County at 33°50′49″N 89°24′45″W 33.847075, -89.412573, 6 miles 10 km west of Calhoun City and slightly over a mile west of Big Creek, a tributary of the Yalobusha River, which in turn is a tributary of ...

                                               

Blue Springs, Mississippi

Blue Springs is a village in Union County, Mississippi, United States. Located near Tupelo in northeastern Mississippi, the village had a population of 144 at the 2000 census. It is the site of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi, Toyotas eigh ...

                                               

Braxton, Mississippi

Braxton is a village in Simpson County, Mississippi, United States. The villages population was 181 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Jackson, Mississippi Metropolitan Statistical Area. Its zip code is 39044.

                                               

Eden, Mississippi

As of the census of 2000, there were 126 people, 47 households, and 33 families residing in the village. The population density was 260.3 people per square mile 101.4/km². There were 59 housing units at an average density of 121.9 per square mile ...

                                               

Gattman, Mississippi

Gattman is located at 33°53′6″N 88°14′1″W 33.885085, -88.233477. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.6 square miles 1.6 km2, all land.

                                               

Glendora, Mississippi

Glendora was developed by European Americans as a small sawmill site. Logs were floated down the river from around the vicinity of Webb to be processed here. The first settlement developed two miles South of Glendora at Black Bayou. When the rail ...

                                               

Kossuth, Mississippi

Kossuth, located about 10 miles 16 km southwest of Corinth, was founded in the 1840s as "New Hope". In 1852, the town changed its name to Kossuth in honor of Lajos Kossuth, a Hungarian revolutionary hero who led the democratic, anti-Habsburg Hung ...

                                               

Mantee, Mississippi

Mantee is located at 33°43′50″N 89°3′36″W 33.730615, -89.060074. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 1.7 sq km 4.4 km 2, of which 1.6 sq km 4.1 km 2 are land and 0.1 square miles 0.26 km 2 3.51% consists of water.

                                               

Paden, Mississippi

An early settler of the area, Thomas Paden, built his home here, which he called Castle Garden. The establishment was burned by Union troops during the American Civil War and the area became known as Burnt Hill. When the town was incorporated its ...

                                               

Pope, Mississippi

Pope is a village in Panola County, Mississippi. The population was 241 at the 2000 census. Cliff Finch, Governor of Mississippi from 1976 to 1980, was born in Pope in 1927.

                                               

Satartia, Mississippi

Satartia is a village in Yazoo County, Mississippi. The population was 68 as of the 2000 census. It is Mississippis smallest incorporated municipality by population. Located on the East Bank of the Yazoo river, Satartia was once a thriving river ...

                                               

Slate Springs, Mississippi

In 1900, the population was 189. In 1907, slate springs was famous for two churches, school, mill, sawmill, and money order post office.

                                               

Sylvarena, Mississippi

Sylvarena is located at 32°0′38″N 89°22′56″W 32.010575, -89.382148. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 2.6 square kilometers of 6.7 km2, all land.

                                               

Woodland, Mississippi

As of the census of 2000, there were 159 people, 59 households, and 42 families residing in the village. The population density was 280.3 people per square mile 107.7/km². There were 60 housing units at an average density of 105.8 per square mile ...

                                               

Adrian, Missouri

Adrian is a city in Bates County, Missouri, and is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area within the United States. The population was 1.677 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Advance, Missouri

Advance is a city located at the intersection of State Highway 25 and State Highway 91/Route C in northern Stoddard County, Missouri, United States. The population was 1.347 at the 2010 census. Advance was founded circa 1882. The town is pronounc ...

                                               

Alba, Missouri

Alba is located at 37°14′10″N 94°25′2″W 37.236228, -94.417228. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.33 square miles 0.85 km 2, all land.

                                               

Alexandria, Missouri

Alexandria is a city in Clark County, Missouri, United States. The population was 159 at the 2010 census. Alexandria is part of the Fort Madison–Keokuk, ia-mo statistical area search Results.

                                               

Allendale, Missouri

Allendale is located at 40°29′5″N 94°17′24″W 40.484813, -94.290028. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.57 square miles of 1.48 km2, all land.

                                               

Alma, Missouri

Alma is a city in Lafayette County, Missouri, and is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area within the United States. The population was 402 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Altenburg, Missouri

Altenburg German for "Old Castle" was laid out and platted in 1839 by a colony of Lutherans. It was named after the Duchy of Saxe-Altenburg from where many of its settlers came, and not the city of Altenburg which does not seem to have sent a sin ...

                                               

Amoret, Missouri

Amoret is a city in Bates County, Missouri, and is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area within the United States. The population was 190 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Amsterdam, Missouri

Amsterdam is a city in Bates County, Missouri, and is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area within the United States. The population was 242 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Anderson, Missouri

Anderson is a city in McDonald County, Missouri, United States. The population was 1.961 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Fayetteville–Springdale–Rogers, AR–MO Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Annapolis, Missouri

Annapolis was laid out in 1871, and according to tradition, named after Anna Allen, the wife of a railroad official. The name is also said to be a transfer from Annapolis, Maryland. A post office called Annapolis has been in operation since 1871. ...