ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 316




                                               

Frankton, Indiana

Frankton is a town in Pipe Creek and Lafayette townships, Madison County, Indiana, United States. It is part of the Anderson, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 1.862 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Fulton, Indiana

Fulton took its name from Fulton County. The Fulton post office was established in 1843. In 1850 the first log cabin was erected in Fulton. Robert Aitken and family were the first occupants of the cabin and occupied a saw mill in the town. The vi ...

                                               

Gaston, Indiana

Gaston is a town in Washington Township, Delaware County, Indiana, United States. The population was 871 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Muncie, IN Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Geneva, Indiana

Geneva is a town in Wabash Township, Adams County, Indiana, United States. The population was 1.293 at the 2010 census. Geneva is the location of the Limberlost Cabin, the home of writer and naturalist Gene Stratton Porter.

                                               

Gentryville, Indiana

Gentryville was platted in December 1854, and named for James Gentry, an early settler and local businessman. Gentryville post office operates since 1826.

                                               

Glenwood, Indiana

Glenwood is a town in Fairview and Orange townships, Fayette County and Union Township, Rush County in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 250 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Goodland, Indiana

Goodland was laid out in 1861. The town was named from the quality of its soil. A post office has been in operation at Goodland since 1861. In Goodland-Grant township Public library and McCairn-Turner house is listed on the national register of h ...

                                               

Gosport, Indiana

Gosport is a town in Wayne Township, Owen County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 826 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Bloomington, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Greentown, Indiana

Greentown is a town in Liberty Township, Howard County, Indiana, United States. Located approximately 9 miles east of Kokomo on State Road 22 / US 35, it is home to the Howard County Fair Grounds. The town was platted in 1848, and incorporated as ...

                                               

Greenville, Indiana

Greenville is an incorporated town in Floyd County, Indiana. The population was estimated by the Census Bureau to be 807 in 2016 at the 2010 census. Greenville is located in the greater Louisville metropolitan area.

                                               

Griffin, Indiana

Griffin was originally called Prices Station, and under the latter name was laid out in 1881 by William Price, and named for him. The present name honors Samuel Griffin, an early postmaster. A post office called Griffin has been in operation sinc ...

                                               

Hagerstown, Indiana

Hagerstown was laid out and platted in 1832. The town was named after the city of Hagerstown, Maryland. The Hagerstown post office has been in operation since 1836. In the Rowing channel that was built in the mid 19th century and continues in Law ...

                                               

Hamilton, Indiana

Hamilton is a town located on the border of Steuben County, Indiana and DeKalb County, Indiana. In Steuben County, it is in Otsego Township, and in DeKalb County it is in Franklin Township. The population was 1.532 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Hanover, Indiana

Hanover is a town in Hanover Township, Jefferson County, Indiana, along the Ohio River. The population was 3.546 at the 2010 census. Hanover is the home of Hanover College, a small Presbyterian liberal arts college. Hanover is also the home of So ...

                                               

Harmony, Indiana

Harmony is a town in Van Buren Township, Clay County, Indiana, United States. The population was 656 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan Statistical Area. For the utopian settlement formerly known as Harmony, see New Ha ...

                                               

Hillsboro, Indiana

Hillsboro is located at 40°6′31″N 87°9′33″W 40.108638, -87.159062. It is at the intersection of U.S. Route 136 and State Road 341, about a mile south of Interstate 74. According to the 2010 census, Hillsborough, with a total area of 0.31 square k ...

                                               

Holton, Indiana

Holton was platted in 1854, when the Ohio and Mississippi Railway was extended to that point. The town derived its name from Jesse Holman, the original owner of the town site. A post office has been in operation at Holton since 1854. March 2, 201 ...

                                               

Hope, Indiana

Hope is a town in Haw Creek Township, Bartholomew County, Indiana, United States, known for its historic character. The population was 2.102 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Columbus, Indiana, metropolitan statistical area.

                                               

Hudson, Indiana

Hudson is located at 41°31′57″N 85°4′54″W 41.532524, -85.081713. According to the 2010 census, Hudson has an area of 0.69 square miles of 1.79 km 2, all the earth.

                                               

Hymera, Indiana

Hymera is a town in and the principal center of Jackson Township, Sullivan County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 801 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Indian Village, Indiana

Indian Village is a town in Clay Township, St. Joseph County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 133 at the 2010 Census. It is part of the South Bend–Mishawaka, IN-MI, Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Jonesville, Indiana

Jonesville is a town in Wayne Township, Bartholomew County, Indiana, United States. The population was 177 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Columbus, Indiana metropolitan statistical area.

                                               

Kempton, Indiana

Kempton is a town in Jefferson Township, Tipton County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 335 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Kokomo, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Kennard, Indiana

Kennard is a town in Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana, United States. The population was 471 at the 2010 census. On April 3, 1974 A Tornado Hits Kennard Indiana Even Destroying The Kennard Town Hall And Their Fire Station

                                               

Kewanna, Indiana

Kewanna is located at 41°1′5″N 86°24′46″W 41.018087, -86.412686. According to the 2010 census, Kewanna total area of 0.53 square miles of 1.37 km2, all land.

                                               

Kingman, Indiana

The Kingman post office was established in 1886. Kingman was incorporated as a town in 1900 at which time it was merged with the nearby rival village of Fountainville.

                                               

Kingsbury, Indiana

Kingsbury is a town in Washington Township, LaPorte County, Indiana, just northwest of the intersection of U.S. Route 35 and U.S. Route 6. The town was founded in 1835 and incorporated on March 3, 1941. During 1940 - 1941, the Kingsbury Ordnance ...

                                               

Kingsford Heights, Indiana

Kingsford Heights is a town in Union Township, LaPorte County, Indiana, United States. The population was 1.435 at the 2010 census. It is included in the Michigan City, Indiana-La Porte, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. Also known as "Victo ...

                                               

Knightstown, Indiana

Knightstown is a town in Wayne Township, Henry County, Indiana, adjacent to Rush County, along the Big Blue River. The population was 2.182 at the 2010 census. It is approximately thirty-two miles east of Indianapolis. Knightstown is famous for t ...

                                               

Knightsville, Indiana

Knightsville is a town in Van Buren Township, Clay County, Indiana, United States. The population was 872 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

La Crosse, Indiana

La Crosse is a town in LaPorte County, Indiana, United States. The population was 627 in 1990, 561 in 2000, and 551 at the 2010 census. It is included in the Michigan City, Indiana-La Porte, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

La Fontaine, Indiana

La Fontaine is a town in Liberty Township, Wabash County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 875 at the 2010 census. Its name means "The Fountain" in French. It is pronounced by locals as.

                                               

La Paz, Indiana

The town was founded in 1873 and was named for La Paz, Bolivia. At the time of its founding, it was served by the Chicago branch of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, now CSX. The B&amp,O named a coach Lapaz in 1949 to honor the town.

                                               

Lagro, Indiana

The community was named after Le Gris, a Miami Chief. The Lagro post office has been in operation since 1893. St. Patricks Roman Catholic Church was listed on the national register of historic places in 1999.

                                               

Lapel, Indiana

Lapel is a town in Stony Creek Township, Madison County, Indiana, United States. It is part of the Anderson, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 2.068 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Larwill, Indiana

Larwill was named after William and Joseph Larwill, who were railroad engineers. The Larwill post office has been in operation since 1866. Dr. Christopher Souder house was listed on the national register of historic places in 2005.

                                               

Leavenworth, Indiana

Leavenworth was laid out in 1818 in an oxbow of the Ohio River, directly under a large bluff called Mt. Eden. The bluff forms part of the Indiana Ridge and faces directly across the river toward Kentucky. "Old Leavenworth" the original town, now ...

                                               

Leesburg, Indiana

Leesburg is a town in Plain Township, Kosciusko County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 555 at the 2010 census. The town of Leesburg was laid out in 1833 by Levi Lee. It includes the Leesburg Historic District.

                                               

Leo-Cedarville, Indiana

Once separate villages, Cedarville was platted in 1838, and Leo was founded in 1849. Leo-Cedarville was formed by including in the villages of Leo and Cedarville in 1996. This was done so that two cities cant be annexed the nearby city of Fort Wa ...

                                               

Linden, Indiana

Linden was platted in 1852 when the railroad was extended to that point. A post office has been in operation at Linden since 1851. Linden depot was listed on the National register of historic places in 1990.

                                               

Long Beach, Indiana

Long Beach is a town in Michigan Township, LaPorte County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, the population of Long Beach was 1.179. It is included in the Michigan City, Indiana-La Porte, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Losantville, Indiana

Losantville was first known as Hunts Cross Roads, and under the latter name was platted in 1851. The present name is derived from Losantiville, an early name for Cincinnati. A post office called Losantville has been in operation since 1854.

                                               

Lowell, Indiana

Lowell was platted in 1853. It was named after Lowell, Massachusetts. James house Brannon, Melvin A. Halsted house, Lowell commercial historic district, the home of Charles E. Nichols, and J. Claude Ramsey house listed in the National register of ...

                                               

Lynn, Indiana

Lynn is located at 40°2′51″N 84°56′32″W 40.047590, -84.942173. According to the 2010 census, Lynn a total area of 0.56 square miles of 1.45 km2, all land.

                                               

Lynnville, Indiana

Lynnville was platted in 1839. The town was named for its founder, John Lynn, who also established the first store at the site. A post office has been in operation at Lynnville since 1839.

                                               

Lyons, Indiana

Lyons is a town in Washington Township, Greene County, Indiana, United States. The population was 742 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Bloomfield, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Mackey, Indiana

Mackey is a town in Barton Township, Gibson County, Indiana, United States. With a population of 106 at the 2010 census, Mackey is the smallest incorporated community in Gibson County and one of the smallest incorporated communities in the state.

                                               

Macy, Indiana

Macy is located at 40°57′35″N 86°7′45″W 40.959601, -86.129088. According to the 2010 census, Maisie with a total area of 0.13 square miles of 0.34 km2, all land.

                                               

Marengo, Indiana

Marengo is a town in Liberty Township, Crawford County, Indiana, United States. The population was 828 at the 2010 census. One of the tourist attractions and sources of revenue for the town is Marengo Cave, a U.S. National Landmark. Originally di ...

                                               

Markleville, Indiana

Markleville is a town in Adams Township, Madison County, Indiana, United States. It is part of the Anderson, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 528 at the 2010 census.