ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 314




                                               

West Point, Illinois

West Point is located in southern Hancock County at 40°15′20″N 91°11′00″W. It is 14 miles 23 km south of Carthage, the county seat. According to the 2010 census, West point has a total area of 0.17 square miles or 0.44 km2, all land.

                                               

Wheeler, Illinois

Wheeler is located in western Jasper County at 39°2′38″N 88°19′2″W 39.043804, -88.317342. Illinois Route 33 passes through the north side of the village, leading southeast 9 miles 14 km to Newton, the county seat, and northwest 14 miles 23 km to ...

                                               

White City, Illinois

White City is located at 39°4′21″N 89°45′51″W 39.072429, -89.764128. According to the 2010 census, White city has a total area of 1.214 square miles 3.14 km 2, of which 1.21 square miles 2 3.13 km or 99.67% of the earth and of 0.004 sq. km 0.01 k ...

                                               

Williamsfield, Illinois

Williamsfield is a village in Knox County, Illinois, United States. The population was 578 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Galesburg Micropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Williamson, Illinois

Williamson is located at 38°59′15″N 89°45′51″W 38.987418, -89.764039. According to the 2010 census, Williamson a total area of 1.556 square miles 4.03 km 2, of which 1.51 square miles 3.91 km 2 or 97.04% of the land and 0.12 square miles 0.046 km ...

                                               

Williamsville, Illinois

Williamsville is a village in Sangamon County, Illinois, United States. The population was 1.476 at the 2010 census, and 1.491 at a 2018 estimate. It is part of the Springfield, Illinois Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Willisville, Illinois

Willisville is located at 37°59′1″N 89°35′26″W 37.983687, -89.590506. According to the 2010 census, Willisville with a total area of 0.39 square miles of 1.01 km2, all land.

                                               

Willow Hill, Illinois

Willow Hill is located in eastern Jasper County at 38°59′50″N 88°1′17″W 38.997299, -88.021335. It is 1 mile 2 km south of Illinois Route 33 and 9 miles 14 km east of Newton, the county seat. According to the 2010 census, willow hill has a total a ...

                                               

Wilmington, Greene County, Illinois

Wilmington Patterson is located in northwestern Greene County at 39°28′57″N 90°29′23″W 39.482514, -90.489683. It is 7 miles 11 km northwest of White Hall and 16 miles 26 km northwest of Carrollton, the Greene County seat. According to the 2010 ce ...

                                               

Wilsonville, Illinois

Wilsonville is located at 39°4′12″N 89°51′15″W 39.070124, -89.854243. According to the 2010 census, the city of Wilsonville, the district has a total area of 2.55 square miles 0.986 km 2, of which 0.96 square miles of 2.49 km 2 or 97.36% of the l ...

                                               

Windsor, Mercer County, Illinois

Windsor, also known as New Windsor, is a village in Rivoli Township, Mercer County, Illinois, United States. The population was 748 at the 2010 census, up from 720 in 2000. The official name is the Village of Windsor, but New Windsor is also used ...

                                               

Winslow, Illinois

Mayor of Winslow is Robert Hastings. Winslow Housing Authority: Phillip "Wheels" Pariott. Winslow Liquor Commissioner is Curt Campbell. General of the Winslow Militia is Marty Campbell. Office of Urban Renewal: Robert Kramher.

                                               

Winthrop Harbor, Illinois

Winthrop Harbor is a village in Lake County, Illinois, United States. The population was 6.742 at the 2010 census. It is located along the northern border of Illinois and is part of the Chicago metropolitan area. Winthrop Harbor is known for its ...

                                               

Woodhull, Illinois

The town was laid out by Maxwell Woodhull on September 30, 1857. An addition was laid out in 1867, and another in 1870. That same year, the town was incorporated.

                                               

Woodland, Illinois

Woodland is located in east-central Iroquois County at 40°42′50″N 87°43′50″W 40.713892, -87.730535. It is 5 miles 8 km south of Watseka, the county seat. According to the 2010 census, woodland has a total area of 0.46 square miles of 1.19 km2, al ...

                                               

Worden, Illinois

Worden was originally called New Hampton, and under the latter name was laid out in 1860. When the railroad was built through the settlement in 1870, the name Worden was given to the station, after John C. Worden, an English immigrant, businessma ...

                                               

Yale, Illinois

Yale is located in northeastern Jasper County at 39°7′15″N 88°1′28″W 39.120879, -88.024356. Illinois Route 49 passes through the village, leading north 14 miles 23 km to Casey and south 7 miles 11 km to its terminus at Illinois Route 33 near Will ...

                                               

Yates City, Illinois

Yates City is a village in Knox County, Illinois, United States. The population was 693 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Galesburg Micropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Attica, Indiana

Attica was laid out by George Hollingsworth and platted by David Stump in 1825. The completion of the Wabash and Erie Canal through the town in 1847 brought a considerable amount of growth to the area, and ended in Atticas favor a long-standing r ...

                                               

Auburn, Indiana

Auburn is a city in DeKalb County, Indiana, United States. The population was 13.086 at the 2010 census. Founded in 1836 by Wesley Park, the city is the county seat of DeKalb County. Auburn is also known as Home of the Classics.

                                               

Austin, Indiana

Austin is a city in Jennings Township, Scott County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 4.272 at the 2000 census, at which time it was a town, Austin became a city on January 1, 2008. The population was 4.295 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Batesville, Indiana

Batesville is a city in Franklin and Ripley counties in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 6.520 at the 2010 census. The Batesville Casket Company is headquartered here. Medical technology company Hillrom has a substantial presence in ...

                                               

Bicknell, Indiana

Bicknell is located at 38°46′25″N 87°18′29″W 38.773512, −87.307967. It is located in northeastern Knox County. The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and mild and cool winters. According to the system of climate classific ...

                                               

Butler, Indiana

Butler was platted in 1856 when the railroad was extended to that point. It was likely named for David Butler, a pioneer. Butler was incorporated in as a town 1866, and as a city in 1903. July 23, 1966, Butler was one of the final destinations at ...

                                               

Cannelton, Indiana

Cannelton is a city in Troy Township, Perry County, in the U.S. state of Indiana, along the Ohio River. The population was 1.563 at the 2010 census. Cannelton, which was the smallest incorporated city in the state until 2010, was formerly the cou ...

                                               

Charlestown, Indiana

Charlestown was established in 1808, named after one of its surveyors, Charles Beggs, upon 300 acres 1.2 km 2, of which 3 acres 12.000 m 2 was designated for a town square. It was established one mile 1.6 km northeast of Springville, and was resp ...

                                               

Dunkirk, Indiana

Dunkirk is located at 40°22′28″N 85°12′35″W 40.37, -85.21 and is primarily in Jay County, though the northwestern portion of the town west of Main Street and north of Blackford Avenue lies in neighboring Blackford County. The southwestern portion ...

                                               

Elkhart, Indiana

Elkhart is a city in Elkhart County, Indiana, United States. The city is located 15 miles east of South Bend, Indiana, 110 miles east of Chicago, Illinois, and 150 miles north of Indianapolis, Indiana. Elkhart has the larger population of the two ...

                                               

Elwood, Indiana

Elwood is a city in Madison and Tipton counties in the U.S. state of Indiana. The Madison County portion, which includes most of the city, is part of the Anderson, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area, while the small portion in Tipton County is ...

                                               

Garrett, Indiana

Garrett was platted in 1875 when the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad was extended to that point. It was named for John W. Garrett 1820–1884, president of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad from 1858 to 1884. Garrett was incorporated as a city in 1875.

                                               

Jasonville, Indiana

Jasonville is a city in Greene County, Indiana, United States. The population was 2.222 as of the 2010 census. It is the westernmost community in the Bloomington, Indiana, Metropolitan Statistical Area, approximately 15 miles closer to Terre Haut ...

                                               

Jonesboro, Indiana

Jonesboro is a city in Grant County, Indiana, United States, located along the Mississinewa River opposite Gas City. The population was 1.756 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Kendallville, Indiana

Kendallville was laid out in 1849. The city was named for Amos Kendall, 8th United States Postmaster General. Post office in Kendallville since 1837. In Iddings-Gilbert-leader-Anderson block Kendallville and the heart of the historic district lis ...

                                               

Montpelier, Indiana

Montpelier is a city in Blackford County, Indiana, United States. This small rural community, the countys first to be platted, was established by settlers from Vermont, and is named after Vermonts capital city of Montpelier. Montpelier was a Cent ...

                                               

Nappanee, Indiana

Nappanee is a city in Elkhart and Kosciusko counties in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 6.648 at the 2010 census. The name Nappanee probably means "flour." The town has several tourist attractions: Amish Acres, Nappanee Raceway, The ...

                                               

North Vernon, Indiana

North Vernon was originally called Tripton, and under the latter name was platted in 1854. Annadale, North Vernon historic district, state street historic district, and walnut street historic district listed in the National register of historic p ...

                                               

Seymour, Indiana

Seymour is a city in Jackson County, Indiana, United States. The population was 17.503 at the 2010 census. Indiana is referred to as the "Crossroads of America." Seymour holds particular significance due to the north/south and east/west railroads ...

                                               

Woodburn, Indiana

Woodburn is a city in Maumee Township, Allen County, Indiana, United States. The population was 1.520 at the 2010 census, making it the smallest in state as Cannelton had a population of 1.563 in the 2010 Census.

                                               

Albany, Indiana

Albany is a town in Delaware and Randolph counties in the U.S. state of Indiana, along the Mississinewa River. The population was 2.165 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Muncie, IN Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Alton, Indiana

Alton was founded in 1838. Alton was called Nebraska in its early years of existence. Post office ne was built in 1847, and was renamed Alton in 1860. Post office in Alton was finally discontinued in 1965.

                                               

Altona, Indiana

Altona is located at 41°21′3″N 85°9′10″W 41.350941, -85.152820 and borders the larger city of Garrett. According to the 2010 census, Altona total area of 0.22 square miles 0.57 km2, all land.

                                               

Amboy, Indiana

Amboy is located at 40°36′10″N 85°55′43″W 40.602758, -85.928615. According to the 2010 census, Amboy with a total area of 0.35 square miles of 0.91 km2, all land.

                                               

Andrews, Indiana

Andrews was originally called Antioch, and under the latter name was platted in 1853. It was renamed Andrews in the 1880s, in honor of a railroad official, at the time when the railroad was built through the community.

                                               

Argos, Indiana

Argos is located at 41°14′16″N 86°14′46″W 41.237732, -86.245976. According to the 2010 census, Argos total area of 1.17 square miles of 3.03 km 2, of which 1.16 square km, 3.00 km 2 or 99.15% is land and 0.01 square miles 0.03 km 2 or of 0.85% is ...

                                               

Ashley, Indiana

Ashley is a town in Indiana located on the border of Smithfield Township, DeKalb County and Steuben Township, Steuben County. The population was 983 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Avilla, Indiana

Avilla is located at 41°21′50″N 85°14′11″W 41.363977, -85.236524. According to the 2010 census, Avilla has a total area of 1.48 square miles 3.83 km 2, all the earth.

                                               

Bainbridge, Indiana

Bainbridge was laid out in 1831. This town was named after the prominent war hero of the time, William Bainbridge. A post office has been in operation at Bainbridge since 1835. The town was incorporated in 1847.

                                               

Bloomingdale, Indiana

The town of Bloomingdale was platted in 1825 or 1826, south of its present location. Originally it was named Bloomfield. A post office called Bloomingdale has been in operation since 1860. William hill polygonal barn was listed on the national re ...

                                               

Blountsville, Indiana

Blountsville was laid out and platted in 1832, and named for one of its founders, Andrew D. Blount. A post office was established at Blountsville in 1835, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1964.

                                               

Boston, Indiana

Boston was named after Boston, Massachusetts. Boston was originally called new Boston, and under the latter name was laid out and platted in 1832. The first post office in Boston was established in 1837. On 26 Jun 1849 there was an outbreak of ch ...