ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 241




                                               

Martin, Georgia

Martin is a town in Stephens and Franklin County counties in the U.S. state of Georgia. The population was 381 at the 2010 census, up from 311 in 2000.

                                               

Maxeys, Georgia

Maxeys is located at 33°45′26″N 83°10′26″W 33.757304, -83.173873. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 2.4 square miles, 6.2 km 2, of which the 2.4 square miles, 6.2 km 2 of Land and 0.42% water.

                                               

Maysville, Georgia

Maysville is a town in Banks and Jackson counties in the U.S. state of Georgia. The population was 1.798 at the 2010 census, up from 1.247 at the 2000 census.

                                               

McIntyre, Georgia

McIntyre was founded as a depot on the Central of Georgia Railway. The community was named after Thomas McIntyre, a railroad official. The Georgia General Assembly incorporated McIntyre as a town in 1910.

                                               

Mitchell, Georgia

Mitchell is a town in Glascock County, Georgia, United States. The population was 199 at the 2010 census. Mitchell is home to the Mitchell Depot Historical Museum.

                                               

Montrose, Georgia

Montrose is a town in Laurens County, Georgia, United States. The population was 215 at the 2010 census, up from 154 in 2000. It is part of the Dublin Micropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Moreland, Georgia

Moreland is a town in Coweta County, Georgia, United States. As of the 2010 census, the town population was 399. Author Erskine Caldwell was born in Moreland in 1903. Columnist Lewis Grizzard grew up in the city.

                                               

Mount Airy, Georgia

The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Mount Airy as a town in 1874. The towns name may be descriptive or a transfer from Mount Airy, North Carolina. Lawton place historic house once lived in Ty Cobb, is listed on the national register of hist ...

                                               

Mountain City, Georgia

Mountain City is an incorporated town in Rabun County, Georgia, United States. The population was 829 at the 2000 census. The town straddles the Eastern Continental Divide in a deep gap in the Blue Ridge Mountain front. The gap allows U.S. Route ...

                                               

Newborn, Georgia

After hearing a sermon by 19th-century preacher Samuel Porter Jones, the town adopted the name "Newborn", after the concept of born again in Evangelical Christianity. The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Newborn as a town in 1894.

                                               

Newington, Georgia

Newington is located at 32°35′21″N 81°30′16″W. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.8 square miles 2.1 km2, all land.

                                               

North High Shoals, Georgia

North High Shoals is located at 33°50′3″N 83°30′4″W 33.834159, -83.501055. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 2.5 sq km 6.5 km 2, all the earth.

                                               

Ochlocknee, Georgia

Ochlocknee is a town in Thomas County, Georgia, United States. The population was 605 at the 2000 census. The city was incorporated on January 1, 1970.

                                               

Odum, Georgia

The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Odum as a town in 1907. The community was named after Godfrey Odum, an early settler. J. A. Odum was an early councilman. In the Ritch–Carter–Martin Odum in the house was added to the national register of ...

                                               

Orchard Hill, Georgia

Orchard Hill is located at 33°11′13″N 84°12′41″W 33.186853, -84.211379. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.4 square miles 1.0 km2, all land.

                                               

Parrott, Georgia

Parrott is a town in Terrell County, Georgia, United States. The population was 158 as of the 2010 census. It is part of the Albany, Georgia Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Petersburg, Georgia

Petersburg, Georgia was an upriver market town located in Wilkes County, Georgia, United States. Now dead or defunct, it was named after Petersburg, Virginia, and founded by Dionysius Oliver in 1786 to serve the rapidly growing Broad River Valley ...

                                               

Pine Mountain, Harris County, Georgia

Pine Mountain is a town in Harris and Meriwether counties in the U.S. state of Georgia. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 1.304, up from 1.141 at the 2000 census. Part of Harris County of pine mountain is part of the Columbus, GA-al Me ...

                                               

Pineview, Georgia

A post office called Pineview was established in 1900. The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Pineview as a town in 1902. The community was named for the pine trees which are abundant in the area.

                                               

Portal, Georgia

Portal is located at 32°32′14″N 81°55′54″W 32.537275, -81.931738. According to the census Bureau United States, the city has a total area of 2.2 square miles 5.6 km 2, of which 5.5 square miles is 2.1 km 2 of Land and 0.077 square miles, 0.2 km 2 ...

                                               

Pulaski, Georgia

Pulaski is located in eastern Candler County at 32°23′28″N 81°57′22″W 32.390979, -81.956167. Georgia State Route 46 passes through the town, leading west 6 miles 10 km to Metter, the county seat. Interstate 16, an east-west highway connecting Sav ...

                                               

Ranger, Georgia

A post office called Ranger has been in operation since 1891. It is uncertain whether the town was named after Ranger, North Carolina, or the Confederate rangers. In Georgia, the General Assembly included Ranger in the city in 1910.

                                               

Rayle, Georgia

Rayle is located at 33°47′25″N 82°53′48″W 33.790184, -82.896599. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.9 square km of 2.3 km2, all land.

                                               

Reynolds, Georgia

According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.3 square miles 3.4 km 2, of which 1.3 square miles 3.4 km 2 is land and 0.75% is water.

                                               

Rhine, Georgia

A post office called Rhine was established in 1890. The community was named after the Rhine river, in Germany, the native land of a large share of the first settlers. The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Rhine as a town in 1891.

                                               

Riddleville, Georgia

The community was named after Anderson Riddle, the original owner of the town site. The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Riddleville as a town in 1859.

                                               

Rocky Ford, Georgia

Rocky Ford is located at 32°39′51″N 81°49′42″W 32.664231, -81.828224. According to the census Bureau United States, the city has a total area of 1.2 square miles 3.1 km 2, of which 1.2 square miles 3.1 km 2 are land, and 0.04 square miles 0.10 km ...

                                               

Roopville, Georgia

Roopville is located in southern Carroll County at 33°27′24″N 85°7′52″W 33.456731, -85.131219, along U.S. Route 27, which leads 10 miles 16 km north to Carrollton, the county seat, and south 6 miles 10 km to Centralhatchee. According to the Burea ...

                                               

Sale City, Georgia

A post office called Sale City was established in 1904. The community was named after founder T.D. Sale. The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Sale City as a town in 1910.

                                               

Sasser, Georgia

Sasser is a town in Terrell County, Georgia, United States. The population was 393 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Albany, Georgia Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Shady Dale, Georgia

Shady Dale was founded ca. 1880 on the site of a former Creek Indian settlement. The name "Shady Dale" was descriptively applied. The Georgia General Assembly included shady Dale in the city in 1889.

                                               

Sharpsburg, Georgia

Sharpsburg is a town in Coweta County, Georgia, United States. It is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area. Its population was 341 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Siloam, Georgia

Siloam was originally called "Smyrna", and under the latter name permanent settlement was first made in the 1840s. A post office called Siloam was established in 1871. The present name is after the ancient Siloam tunnel, a place mentioned in the ...

                                               

Sparks, Georgia

A post office called Sparks was established in 1888. The community was named after Mr. Sparks, a railroad official. In Georgia, the General Assembly included sparks as a city in 1888.

                                               

Sumner, Georgia

Sumner is a town in Worth County, Georgia, United States. The population was 309 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Albany, Georgia Metropolitan Statistical Area. Sumner High School is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

                                               

Surrency, Georgia

Surrency is located at 31°43′27″N 82°11′55″W. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.8 square miles 2.0 km2, all land.

                                               

Talking Rock, Georgia

Talking Rock had its start in the early 1880s when the railroad was extended to that point. The community takes its name from nearby Talking Rock Creek. The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Talking Rock as a town in 1883.

                                               

Tallulah Falls, Georgia

Tallulah Falls is a town in Habersham and Rabun counties in the U.S. state of Georgia near the Tallulah River. The population was 168 at the 2010 census. This article refers to the town. For the lake, see Lake Tallulah Falls, for the waterfalls a ...

                                               

Talmo, Georgia

Talmo is a town in Jackson County, Georgia, United States. The population was 180 at the 2010 census. Talmo calls itself "the jewel of Jackson County".

                                               

Tarrytown, Georgia

Tarrytown is a town in Montgomery County, Georgia, United States. The population was 87 at the 2010 census, down from 100 in 2000. It is part of the Vidalia Micropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Taylorsville, Georgia

Taylorsville was surveyed circa 1870 by Edward G. Taylor, and named for him. The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Taylorsville as a town in 1916.

                                               

Thunderbolt, Georgia

Thunderbolt is a town located in Chatham County, Georgia, approximately five miles southeast of downtown Savannah. As of the 2010 census, the town had a total population of 2.668. It is part of the Savannah Metropolitan Statistical Area. Thunderb ...

                                               

Tiger, Georgia

The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Tiger as a town in 1904. There are two popular legends as to the derivation of the name of the city: the first is that it was named in honor of Cherokee chief named Tiger tail, while the second and more l ...

                                               

Tignall, Georgia

Tignall is located at 33°52′1″N 82°44′28″W 33.866861, -82.741195. According to the census Bureau United States, the city has a total area of 2.9 sq km, 7.5 km 2, all the earth.

                                               

Toomsboro, Georgia

Toomsboro was founded when the Central of Georgia Railway was extended to that point. Its railroad terminal was built in 1869. The Georgia General Assembly included Toomsboro as a city in 1904. The community is named after the 19th century Georgi ...

                                               

Trion, Georgia

Trion is a town in Chattooga County, Georgia, United States. The population was 1.827 as of the 2010 census, down from 1.993 at the 2000 census. Trion is the second-largest incorporated community in Chattooga County, which has a population of app ...

                                               

Turin, Georgia

Turin is located in eastern Coweta County at 33°19′36″N 84°38′3″W 33.326798, -84.634064. The town of Sharpsburg is immediately to the northwest. Georgia State Route 16 passes through the town, leading northwest 11 miles 18 km to Newnan, the count ...

                                               

Tyrone, Georgia

Tyrone is a town in Fayette County, Georgia, United States. The population was 6.879 at the 2010 census, up from 3.916 in 2000. The estimated population in 2018 was 7.388. It is a part of the Atlanta metropolitan area.

                                               

Vernonburg, Georgia

Vernonburg is a town in Chatham County, Georgia, about 10 miles south of downtown Savannah. It is located at a sharp curve along the Vernon River, a tidal creek. The population was 122 at the 2010 census. Vernonburg is part of the Savannah Metrop ...

                                               

Walnut Grove, Georgia

The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Walnut Grove as a town in 1905. The community was named for a grove of walnut trees near the original town site.