ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 239




                                               

Castel Cellesi

Castel Cellesi is a tiny Italian village located in the area of Tuscia at the meeting point of Northern Lazio, Umbria and Tuscany. It is a frazione of Bagnoregio, in the Province of Viterbo.

                                               

Trevinano

The village was part of a territory anciently settled by the Etruscans. Between 1500 and 1800 it was an autonomous municipality, not part of Acquapendente.

                                               

Acquate

Acquate is a ward of Lecco, Italy, located north-east of the city centre. It is situated at the foot of the hill between the Bione and Caldone creeks.

                                               

Arcumeggia

The place is known because in 1956 the Organization Provincial for the Tourism decided to turn it into a painted village. After such decision, came in the country artists as Ferruccio Ferrazzi, Aldo Carpi, Sante Monachesi, Aligi Sassu, Ernesto Tr ...

                                               

Corpi Santi di Milano

Corpi Santi di Milano is a former Italian comune, established in 1782 and annexed to Milan in 1873. It comprised the rural territory around the city walls of Milan. It was originally known just as Corpi Santi, "di Milano" was added in 1859, possi ...

                                               

Musocco (municipality)

Musocco is a suppressed Italian comune, independent from the eighteenth century to 1808 and from 1815 until 1923, when the town was incorporated in Milan. The name comes from the word "Musa" which means "swamp", indicating that the area was cross ...

                                               

Ombriano

Ombriano is a village which forms a suburban district of Crema, in the province of Cremona, in the region of Lombardy in Italy. It is located 1.95 kilometers west of Crema proper, along the road to Lodi.

                                               

Pera (San Giovanni di Fassa)

Pera is a frazione of 504 inhabitants in the municipality of San Giovanni di Fassa in the autonomous province of Trento, northern Italy. The village is located in Val di Fassa.

                                               

Paganico

Paganico is a village in the province of Grosseto, in southern Tuscany, central Italy. It is a frazione of the comune of Civitella Paganico. It lies in the valley of the Ombrone river, at 66 meters above the sea level. In 2011 it had a population ...

                                               

Cesi (Terni)

Cesi is a frazione of the Italian comune of Terni, in the province of Terni, southern Umbria, Italy. The small borgo, which retains its late-medieval aspect, set among olive groves, lies "stretched out lengthwise along a narrow contour on the slo ...

                                               

Otowa, Aichi

Otowa was a town located in Hoi District, Aichi Prefecture, Japan. January 15, 2008, Otowa, along with the town of MiTo is also from Hoi district, was merged into the expanded city of Toyokawa. As of November 1, 2007, the last census before the m ...

                                               

Kominato, Aomori

Kominato was a town located in Higashitsugaru District in central Aomori Prefecture, Japan. It is now the central district of the town, Hiranai.

                                               

Nonai, Aomori

Nonai was a village located in Higashitsugaru District in central Aomori Prefecture, Japan. The former town was best known as a shukuba along the Matsumaedō and the site of an onsen town, Asamushi Onsen. It is now a neighborhood of the city, Aomori.

                                               

Tsutsui, Aomori

Tsutsui was a town located in Higashitsugaru District in central Aomori Prefecture, Japan. It is now a neighborhood of the city, Aomori.

                                               

Nishiumi, Ehime

Nishiumi was a town located in Minamiuwa District, Ehime Prefecture, Japan. In 2005, the city had an estimated population of 2787 and density 127.79 persons per km2. The total area of 21.81 km2. On October 1, 2004, Nishiumi, along with the towns ...

                                               

Hobara, Fukushima

Hobara is one of five neighborhoods within the city of Date, Fukushima, along with the towns of Date, Yanagawa, Ryozen, and Tsukidate. Until the merger of all five towns in 2006, Hobara was a town located in Date District, Fukushima Prefecture, J ...

                                               

Miyakoji, Fukushima

Miyakoji was a village located in Tamura District, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan. On March 1, 2005, miyakoji lots, together with the towns of Funehiki, Ōgoe, Takine, and Tokiwa all from Tamura district, was merged to create the city of Tamura. The ...

                                               

Kamiishizu, Gifu

Kamiishizu was a town located in Yōrō District, Gifu Prefecture, Japan. In 2003 the city had an estimated population of 6.660 and a density of 53.98 persons per km2. Total area km2 123.38. March 27, 2006, Kamiishizu, together with the town of Sun ...

                                               

Osaka, Gifu

Osaka was a town located in Mashita District, Gifu Prefecture, Japan. It had an area of 247.50 km². On March 1, 2004 the former town of Gero absorbed the towns of Hagiwara, Kanayama and Osaka, and the village of maze, all from Mashita district to ...

                                               

Shōkawa, Gifu

Shōkawa was a village located in Ōno District, Gifu Prefecture, Japan. In 2003, the village had a population of approximately 1.359 and a population density of 4.20 inhabitants per km2. Total area 323.28 km2. On February 1, 2005, Shōkawa, togethe ...

                                               

Akagine, Gunma

February 13. 2005: the village of Tone merged into the city of Numata. April 1, 1889: due to the municipal status enforcement, the village of Akagine, Kitaseta District, was formed. September 30, 1956: merged with the village of Azuma, Tone Distr ...

                                               

Itonose, Gunma

November 1, 1958 Merged with the village of Kuroho, Tone District, to become the village of Showa, Tone District. April 1, 1889 Due to the municipal status enforcement, the villages of Itoi糸井 and Kainose貝之瀬 merged to form the village of Iton ...

                                               

Kuga, Gunma

October 1, 2005 The village of Niiharu merged with the towns of Tsukiyono and former Minakami to become the town of Minakami. April 1, 1889 Due to the municipal status enforcement, the villages of Sukawa 須川, Irisukawa 入須川, Nishiminesu 西峰須 ...

                                               

Kuni, Gunma

Kuni was a village located in Agatsuma District, Gunma Prefecture, Japan. As of 1 September 2007 in the village had a population of approximately 1.788 and the population density is 9.41 people / km2. The total area of 202.81 km2. On March 28, 20 ...

                                               

Kuroho, Gunma

November 1, 1958 - Merged with the village of Itonose, Tone District, to become the village of Showa, Tone District. April 1, 1889 - Due to the municipal status enforcement, the villages of Kawahake川額, Tochikubo栃久保, and Morishita森下 merged ...

                                               

Yunohara, Gunma

April 1, 1889 Due to the municipal status enforcement, the villages of 新巻, 相俣, and 羽場 merged to form the village of Yunohara. October 1, 2005 Village of Niiharu merged with the towns of Tsukiyono and former Minakami to become the town of Mi ...

                                               

Saijō, Hiroshima (Shōbara)

Saijō was a town located in Hiba District, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. The site of a feudal castle from the Sengoku period, it was first incorporated as a town in 1898. It then went through several mergers with other towns and villages in the ar ...

                                               

Saijō, Hiroshima (Kamo)

From the earliest times, the fertile region around Saijō part of the ancient province of Aki has been occupied, as displayed by the Mitsushiro Kofun a 5th-century burial mound and the Aki-Kokubunji Aki-Kokubun temple from the 8th century. It bene ...

                                               

Toyomatsu, Hiroshima

Toyomatsu was a village located in Jinseki District, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. The village maintained their village status since the end of 19th century. November 5, 2004, Toyomatsu, along with the towns of Jinseki, Yuki and Sanwa, the all fro ...

                                               

Ikuno, Hyōgo

Ikuno was a town located in Asago District, Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan. In 2003 the city had an estimated population of 4.872 43.50 and density of people per KM 2. The total area of 112.01 km2. On April 1, 2005, Ikuno, along with the towns of ASAGO ...

                                               

Izushi, Hyōgo

As of 1 October 2010 Izushi district has an estimated population of 10.259. Because of yearly flooding problems and cheaper modes of transit, Izushi`s ancient river port has long been closed. The railways were also taken out, leaving Izushi acces ...

                                               

Tarumi, Hyōgo

Tarumi was a town formed in 1889 in Akashi District, Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan. In July 1941 it merged into the Suma ward of Kobe. The towns boundaries at the time of the merger generally coincide with the current Tarumi ward of Kobe.

                                               

Hanakawa, Ibaraki

On April 1, 1889, Hanakawa village was formed by the merger of three villages in Shimosōda, Kuruma, Nakatsuma, Kamikotsuda, Simokotsuda, Azuhata, Usuba and Hanazono. On 1 April 1955, Hanakawa village merged with the city Isohara, to form the city ...

                                               

Isohara, Ibaraki

On April 1, 1889, Kitanakagō village was formed by the merger of Toyoda, Isohara, Ōtsuka, Kamisōda and Utsuno. On January 1, 1925, the village Kitanakagō was renamed to Isohara. On 1 April 1955, Hanakawa village merged with the city of Isohara. O ...

                                               

Iwama, Ibaraki

Iwama was a small town located in Nishiibaraki District, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan. On March 19, 2006, Iwama, along with the city of kasama, and from Nishiibaraki district, was merged into the expanded city of kasama.

                                               

Kasumigaura, Ibaraki (Niihari)

Kasumigaura was a town located in Niihari District, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan. March 28, 2005, Kasumigaura city, absorbed by Chiyoda to raise the status of the city and create in the city of Kasumigaura. As of April 1, 2002, the final population ...

                                               

Ishidoriya, Iwate

The village of Kōchi 好地村 was created on April 1, 1889 with the establishment of the municipalities system. The village was raised to town status on April 1, 1928 and renamed Ishidoriya at that time. On January 1, 2006, Ishidoriya, together wit ...

                                               

Kawai, Iwate

The village of Kawai was created on April 1, 1889 within Nakahei District with the establishment of the municipalities system. Nakahei was merged with Higashihei and Kitahei districts to form Shimohei District on March 29, 1896. On July 1, 1955, ...

                                               

Miyamori, Iwate

The village of Miyamori was created on April 1, 1889 within Nishihei District with the establishment of the municipalities system. Nishihei was merged with Minamihei District to form Kamihei District on March 29, 1896. On February 11, 1955, Miyam ...

                                               

Ōhasama, Iwate

The town of Ōhasama created on April 1, 1889 with the establishment of the municipalities system. On January 1, 1955, it annexed the neighboring villages of Kamegamori, Uchikawame and Sotokawame. On January 1, 2006, Ōhasama, along with the city I ...

                                               

Sanriku, Iwate

The village of Sanriku was created on September 30, 1956 with the merger of the villages of Yoshihama, Okirai and Ryori, all from Kesen District. November 15, 2001, Sanriku was included in an expanded city of Ōfunato and no longer exists as an in ...

                                               

Sawauchi, Iwate

The village of Yuda created on April 1, 1889 within Nishiwaga District with the establishment of the municipality system. Nishiwaga merged with Higashiwaga District to form Waga District on March 29, 1896. On November 1, 2005, Sawauchi, along wit ...

                                               

Taneichi, Iwate

Taneichi was a town located in Kunohe District, Iwate Prefecture, Japan. The village of Taneichi was created on April 1, 1889 in kita-Kunohe district with the establishment of a system of municipal education. Kita-Kunohe district and Minami-Kunoh ...

                                               

Tarō, Iwate

The village of Tarō created on April 1, 1889 within Higashihei District with the establishment of the municipality system. Higashihei merged with Kitahei and Nakahei Districts to form Shimohei District on March 29, 1896. Tarō was raised to town s ...

                                               

Tōwa, Iwate

The town of Tōwa created on January 1, 1955 within Waga District by the merger of the villages of Tsuchizawa, Taninai and Nakanai. On January 1, 2006, Tōwa, along with the towns of Ishidoriya and Ōhasama as of Hienuki district, was merged into th ...

                                               

Yuda, Iwate

The village of Yuda created on April 1, 1889 within Nishiwaga District with the establishment of the municipality system. Nishiwaga merged with HIgashiwaga District to form Waga District on March 29, 1896. Yuda was raised to town status on August ...

                                               

Aji, Kagawa

Aji was a town located in Kita District, Kagawa Prefecture, Japan. As of 2003, the town has an estimated population of 6.392 403.79 and density people per km2. The total area of 15.83 km2. January 10, 2006, aji, along with the city and Muir also ...

                                               

Mino, Kagawa

Mino was a town located in Mitoyo District, Kagawa Prefecture, Japan. In 2005, the city had an estimated population of 9.952. The total area of 19.34 km2. On January 1, 2006, Mino, along with the towns of NIO, Saita, Takase, Takuma, Toyonaka and ...

                                               

Nagao, Kagawa

Nagao was a town located in Ōkawa District, Kagawa Prefecture, Japan. On April 1, 2002, Nagao, along with the towns of Ōkawa, Sangawa, shido and Tsuda all from Ōkawa district, was merged to create the city of Sanuki.

                                               

Ōkawa, Kagawa

Ōkawa was a town located in Ōkawa District, Kagawa Prefecture, Japan. On April 1, 2002, from Ōkawa, along with the towns of Nagao, Sangawa, shido and Tsuda all from Ōkawa district, was merged to create the city of Sanuki.